Rob Casavant, a basketball player at Grandview, has been dedicated to Go: Sports for 2 years. He recently retested into the Sports Performance level with incredible retest scores. Let's take a look at his accomplishments:
- 10 yard sprint decreased by 0.3 sec
- Vertical leap increased by 10 inches!!
- Explosive leg power drastically increased, with his avg jump height during a 4 jump series increasing from 11.5 inches to 20 inches!!
- Shuttle run time decreased by over 2 sec!
- Core power doubled!
Great job Rob! You're test resullts are very impressive. Keep up the good work. Your accomplishments will be seen on the basketball court this season!
CEDAR POINT, KINGS ISLAND, ZOOMBEZI BAY
HURRY!! This is the last week to gain entries for the Amusement Park Drawing held on August 31! Bring in friends and family members for an orientation on either Sunday or Tuesday, and when they sign up for training you will receive 5 entries into the drawing. Your referred friend will also get 1 entry. There is no limit to the number of entries so bring in as many friends as you can! You wil also get 3 extra training sessions for each of your referrals. See Whitney for more details. Good Luck!
Welcome to our newest athletes, Kevin Beattie, Megan Sengelmann, and Jordan Sargent. These athletes play several sports including softball, basketball, lacrosse, and tennis. We are excited to make you guys faster and stronger for next season!
Kennedy Beach and her Lasers-Gold 14-U softball team traveled to Midland Texas for the National Tournament the weeknd of July 29th. They became the first Ohio team to ever become National Champions! The girls played their hardest and came out as champions! Below is a picture of the Championship Lasers-Gold team, with Kennedy 2nd from the right in the first row. Click here to read an online article describing the tournament specifics.
Great job Kennedy and the rest of the Lady Lasers!
KEEP THE SUMMER GOING AFTER SCHOOL STARTS!
Win Cedar Point, King's Island, or Zoombezi Bay Tickets!
Referral Contest thru
Through the end of August, refer friends and family for an orientation to gain entries into the drawing to win tickets to 1 of 3 amusement parks. When your friends and family members sign up for training, you will receive 5 entries. Your referred friends will also get 1 entry for signing up. The more referrals you bring in the more entries you get, so send in friends today! The drawing will be held on Wednesday August 31. Contact Whitney or our other trainers for referral passes to handout to friends. See trainers for more information. Good luck!
Justin Bright has been training hard with us since June and his dedication has shown with his retest into the Sports Performance level! Justin is a wide receiver and also runs track. Let's take a look at his accomplishments that will help him have a great football season:
- Decreased 10 yd sprint by over .1 sec
- Increased vertical jump by over 2 in
- Increased elasticity by over 2 in, shown by how well he can replicate his explosive leg power with 4 consecutive vertical jumps
- Decreased 40 yd shuttle run by over .2 sec
- Doubled his core power
- Much increased flexibility
Great job Justin! Keep working hard and good luck in your upcoming football season!
We'd like to welcome our newest athlete, Bailee Sturgeon from Teays Valley school. Bailee is a center fielder in softball, and has also played basketball and volleyball. We're excited to train Bailee and make her stronger and even faster for next season!
We have had several athletes retest, showing really awesome advancements, and moving up to the Sports Performance level after having trained all summer with us. Declan McCord, Piper and Bailey Farrell, and Hodding Hall bring in a variety of sports including soccer, lacrosse, baseball, and paintballing. These athletes all improved in our 7 different physical tests including the 10 yard sprint, vertical leap, 4 jump elasticity which shows how well an athlete can replicate their explosive leg power, the shuttle run, core/rotary power which shows how well an athlete can use their upper and lower body together, and 2 flexibility tests. Let's take a look at each athlete's progress:
Declan: - Decreased 10 yard sprint time by over .1 second
- Vertical leap increased by over 2 inches
- Average vertical jump height during the elasticity test went up by over 4 inches.
- Shuttle run time decreased by over half a second
- Core power increased drastically
- Flexibility increased shown by the hurdle step and deep overhead squat
Hodding: - Decreased 10 yard sprint by over .2 sec
- Increased vertical by over 4 inches!
- Avg vertical jump height increased by over 3 inches
- Shuttle run time decreased by half a sec
- Core power really increased
Bailey: - Decreased 10 yd time by over .1 sec
- Increased vertical jump height by over 3 inches
- Decreased shuttle run time by 1 sec!
- Greatly improved core power
Piper: - Decreased 10 yd time by over .2 sec
- Increased vertical by over 2 inches
- Decreased shuttle run time by over 1.5 sec!
- Greatly improved core power
These athletes all crushed their old test scores by being dedicated and training hard! Great job athletes, and congrats!
We'd like to welcome our two newest athletes, Camille Simpson and Diego Hernandez. Camille is a basketball player at Wellington. Diego is a football player at Upper Arlington High School, and also runs track. Welcome guys! We look forward to training you both!
Kennedy Beach and her 14 + Under Lady Lasers Gold fastpitch softball team will be traveling to Midland Texas on Friday July 29. They will compete in the ASA "A" Nationals, playing teams from across the country. Good luck Kennedy and the rest of the Lady Lasers at nationals! Play hard and have safe travels.